The REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS has been closed. The selection committee met on October 31, 2018 at 1:30 p.m. in the Cape Coral Public Works Building, Green Room, Cape Coral, FL 33990. The selection committee decided to move all received proposals forward to the MPO Board for final approval. At their November 14, 2018 meeting, the Executive Committee is being asked to approve the selection of all ten firms and direct MPO staff to negotiate contracts accordingly. The contracts will then go to the MPO Board for final approval at a future meeting.
“ANNUAL CONTRACT FOR GENERAL PLANNING CONSULTANT SERVICES”
LEE COUNTY METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION
Sealed Proposals for this service must be received by the Lee County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), via hand delivery at 815 Nicholas Parkway E., Cape Coral, Florida 33990, or via mail at P. O. Box 150045, Cape Coral FL 33990, by 3:00 p.m. (local time), Thursday, August 30, 2018. Lee County MPO reserves the right to reject any or all proposals.
RFP # MPO 2018-002
SCOPE OF SERVICES: The Lee County MPO is soliciting responses to this request for proposal, which is issued for the purpose of selecting one or more consulting firms to be retained under a two-year contract, with a one-year renewal option. The firms shall be responsible for knowledge of the compliance with all relevant local, state, and federal laws and regulations, and shall be capable of providing some or all of the types of transportation planning and engineering services described in the scope of services. The general planning work may include, but not be limited to, financial resource forecasting and revenue projections, public involvement, corridor and small area studies, goods movement studies, traffic engineering studies, ITS needs assessment, project cost estimation, land use modeling, GIS assistance, long range transportation planning and modeling, transit authority formation studies, and other miscellaneous studies as directed. Proposals must specify which of the services identified in the scope of services the firm or team is proposing to provide and which it is not.
This scope of services was written by the Lee County MPO to be used on tasks provided by the MPOs in FDOT District One (Collier, Charlotte, Heartland, Sarasota/Manatee or Polk MPOs), Lee Tran, and the Southwest Florida Regional Planning Council. The Scope of Services can be found here: Scope of Services
INVITATION TO PROPOSE: The MPO hereby solicits proposals for selection as on-call consultant for planning services to the Lee County MPO to meet the needs of the transportation planning program.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTION/ HOW TO APPLY: A Request for Proposals document may be obtained by contacting, in writing, Ms. Calandra Barraco, Lee MPO Designee, 815 Nicholas Parkway E., Cape Coral, Florida 33990, phone: (239) 330-2243 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The RFP Packet can also be found here: RFP Packet. Forms can be found here: FORMS. Materials will be sent by regular mail to the requester within two business days. Materials will be sent FedEx or Certified Mail if requested, at the expense of the requestor. All requests for clarification or additional information on the RFP must be submitted in writing to the same address as above by no later than 5:00 p.m. August 16, 2018. Proposals must then be received by the Lee County MPO, 815 Nicholas Parkway E., Cape Coral, Florida 33990, by 3:00 p.m. (local time), Thursday, August 30, 2018.
This public notice was posted in the lobby of the offices of the Lee County MPO, 815 Nicholas Parkway E., Cape Coral, Florida 33990, on Friday, July 27, 2018. The Lee County MPO does not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or family status. Qualified minority-owned, women-owned or disadvantaged business enterprises are encouraged to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions –
- Who is on the Selection Committee? The selection committee will consist of Ms. Persides Zambrano (a member of the MPO’s Technical Advisory Committee), Mr. Phillip Boller (a member of the MPO’s Citizen Advisory Committee), Mr. Ron Gogoi (Lee MPO Senior Planner), and a representative from LeeTran
- Does there have to be a specific FDOT work group? No, the consultant just needs to be pre-qualified with FDOT
- Do the subs also need to be pre-qualified with FDOT? No, as long as the primary is pre-qualified
- Where do the forms go in the packet? The forms are usually placed at the end of the packet
- How many sealed rate schedules are consultants required to provide? One
- Should the packets be bound or unbound? The packets can be either bound or unbound, although it is easier to locate information in a bound packet with page numbers
- Does the insurance requirements certificate need to be provided with the packet? The insurance requirements must be met and proof will be required once a consultant is selected by the MPO
- Does budget and workload information need to be included for the subs? No
- Where does the Project Proposal Transmittal Letter go in the packet? It can be submitted as the first page of the packet or in the sequence it appears in the forms