The Lee County 2040 Transportation Plan is the 25-year vision for the community’s transportation needs and expectations. It considers all types of travel and identifies projects that will best serve drivers and their passengers, bicyclists, pedestrians, and people using public transportation. How and where freight movement occurs through and within the county also is part of the 2040 plan.
The strongest transportation plan for Lee County’s future depends on a clear understanding how people and goods move around the county today and how these movements are expected to occur in the next 20 to 25 years. Planners and engineers have brought their expertise to development of the 2040 transportation plan, and ideas and opinions from community members participating in public meetings, workshops, and surveys have been essential to creation of a successful plan.
- Executive Summary (55 MB)
- Executive Summary with Appendices (62 MB)
- 2040 Transportation Plan (52 MB)
2040 Transportation Plan Appendices
- Land Use Scenario Report (6 MB)
- Revenue Projection Sources and Funding Technical Memorandum (1 MB)
- 2040 Needs Plan Projects (1 MB)
- Transit Technical Memorandum (11 MB)
- Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Multi-use Trails Technical Memorandum (28 MB)
- Public Involvement Technical Memorandum (46 MB)
- Congestion Management Technical Memorandum (10 MB)
- Goods Movement Technical Memorandum (3 MB)
- Environmental Justice Technical Memorandum (1 MB)
- Travel Demand Forecasting Technical Memorandum (8 MB)