The Lee MPO is calling for new Multimodal Proposals for the 2023 funding cycle to be funded with Lee MPO’s Allocation of Federal funds. Project proposals including Bike Ped, Transit, and Intersection improvements will be considered by FDOT during the development of its Draft Tentative Work Program for FY 2025 through FY 2029. MPO Allocated Federal Funds include Transportation Alternative (TA), SU, and Carbon Reduction Program (CRP) funds. PROPOSALS MUST HAVE AVAILABLE PUBLIC RIGHT OF WAY TO IMPLEMENT PROPOSED IMPROVEMENTS. Completed applications are due to MPO staff by Friday, March 3, 2023. The application development and submission process will follow the following steps:
- For BIKE PED proposals, local government jurisdictions must complete BOTH the District One Project Application and the Core Application.
- For intersection improvement and transit proposals, complete only the District One Project Application.
- Use the 2023 BOE Manual (fdot.gov) to access 2023 Basis of Estimates Manual as a helpful resource to develop cost estimates for a project.
- Completed applications should be transmitted electronically to Ron Gogoi at email@example.com by no later than Friday, March 3, 2023.
- However, local governments may reach out to Ron Gogoi and request for an extension to complete their applications.
- MPO staff will preview every application for completeness. MPO staff will coordinate with local governments to resolve any issue identified in the applications during the preview period. At the end of the preview period MPO staff will sign the applications.
- MPO staff will transmit all signed applications including bike/ped, intersection, and transit electronically to FDOT’s Community Liaison by Friday, March 24, 2023
- By no later than Friday, March 31, local governments must use their individual Grant Application Program (GAP) portal accounts to upload their completed and MPO staff signed BIKE/PED applications. Documents uploaded in GAP cannot be modified or different from the MPO staff reviewed and signed applications.
- FDOT has instructed that Local governments NOT upload their intersection improvement and transit applications in the GAP Portal. Uploading only applies to bike ped proposals.
- The following local governments will need to modify and resubmit their original applications from last year for the remaining unfunded construction phases (the resubmitted applications shall also follow the above dates) :
- Village of Estero – Construction Phase of the Corkscrew Road Shared Use Path from US 41 to Koreshan Park
- Village of Estero – Construction Phase of the Coconut Shared Use Path from Via Coconut to US 41
- LC BOCC – Construction Phase of the Daniels Parkway Sidewalk from Corporate Lakes Dr to SR 82
- Town of Fort Myers Beach – Estero Blvd Bus Shelters from Island Parks Way to San Carlos Blvd (Only if it is still a priority with Town Management)
Contact Ron Gogoi at 239 330 2239 or by email at Rgogoi@leempo.com if you need any assistance.